Digital side event at the UN Food Systems Pre-Summit in Rome
Cooperative Partnership for Climate Smart Food and Forestry host digital side event at the UN Food Systems Pre-Summit in Rome
On Wednesday 28 July at 13:30-14:20 the Cooperative Partnership, which joins Agriterra and the Dutch, Danish and Finnish farmer’s, foresters and cooperative organisations LTO, NAJK, DAFC and MTK, will host a digital side event at the UN Food Systems Pre-Summit in Rome. The session titled ‘Towards Global Partnerships for a Climate Smart and Efficient Food Future’ will focus on the need to mobilise more global climate finance for public-private partnerships to help cooperatives help their owners, the farmers, sequester carbon and mitigate agriculture emissions in developing countries.
On the panel with Agriterra Managing Director Kees Blokland, the presidents of the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) and the World Farmers Organization (WFO) are set to voice their ideas alongside national actors involved with projects on the ground, such as the German Farmers Association. Representatives of developing and donor countries, multilateral institutions, and the Cooperative Partners themselves will join, and an active global audience be encouraged to participate in this interactive discussion. The event will be moderated by Tobias Gräs, Cooperative Partnership Counsel and Senior Policy Advisor at DAFC.
Details and registration below.
Read more about the Cooperative Partnership here.
Watch the video of the digital event here
- Title: Towards Global Partnerships for a Climate Smart and Efficient Food Future
- Date and Times: 28 July at 13:30-14:20
- Session Summary: There is a need for more climate finance to be mobilized in public private partnerships for agriculture mitigation and sequestration in developing countries. Meet actors active on the ground from within and beyond the Cooperative Partnership for Climate Smart Food and Forestry, from the global Farmers’ and cooperatives constituency, as well as government actors and bilateral and multilateral donors, who want to undertake climate action in agriculture and forestry to help developing countries implement their Paris Agreement NDCs.
- Organisers: Cooperative Partnership for Climate Smart Food and Forestry (Dutch Agri-development agency Agriterra, Dutch Agricultural and Horticultural Association (LTO), Dutch Young Farmers (NAJK), Danish Agriculture and Food Council (DAFC) and the Finnish Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK))
- Click here to register
- Panelists: Kees Blokland, CEO Agriterra, Ariel Guarco, president ICA (tbc), Theo de Jager, President, World Farmers Organization, Werner Schwarz, Vice President, German Farmer’s Association and Chairman of Agricord, Peter O. Odhengo, National Treasury and Planning, Government of Kenya, GCF-NDA (tbc), Nadine Valat, GCF Team Leader, FAO Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment (tbc), Jan Laustsen, Director Trade and International affairs, Danish Agriculture and Food Council / Rasmus Abildgaard Kristensen, Ambassador, Head of Department for Green Diplomacy and Climate Change, Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (tbc), Klaas Johan Osinga, Senior Advisor, International Affairs, Member of EU Economic and Social Committee, Netherlands Agricultural and Horticultural Association / Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (tbc), Juha Ruippo, Director, International and EU affairs, Finnish Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK) / Sanna-Liisa Taivalmaa, Senior Adviser, Development Policy rural development, Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (tbc), Representative of FAO Kenya / Agriterra / Young farmer, tbc